Saturday, September 16, 2006

You are the Lord
The famous one, famous one, Great is Your name in all the earth
The heavens declare You're glorious, glorious, Great is Your fame beyond the earth
And for all You've done and yet to do
With every breath I'm praising You
Desire of the nations and every heart
You alone are God
You alone are God
The morning star is shining through
And every eye is watching You
Revealed by nature and miracles
You are beautiful You are beautiful

-Famous One

Have you ever sang those words to that song? That is one of my favorite songs, but I know it too well, sometimes I do not even think about what the words axially mean, have you ever done that? But, like you just get to know the song to well, that you do not even think about what the words accually mean, and I thought about that, so my new goal for myself is to watch the words that I sing, and figure out a meaning, and truly sing those words out to God, and not just sing them because I do not want other people to notice me, but that I would sing them to really glorify God.

So, that is my challenge for you, think about the words on the song above, and let me know what you think of them. Are they just words, or do they have a meaning? Well, if you were honest, you would say that they have a meaning, but do you sing the words out that way, or do you just sing because you know you have to?

That is my challenge for you this week, sing to glorify God! And give him praise!

Sorry that I have not been putting a verse on here, I will try to remember every day, but today's is.....

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High. -Psalm 7:17

5 comments:

The Unknown said...

yeahi like that song and i can play it. I knew what youmean like on my camp out i real thought hard about stuff like that lovee the post

Jesusfreak said...

Do you take the challange to make your praise to him, not just to look good?

The Unknown said...

yeah sorry forgot to menching that

Jesusfreak said...

Great! Let me know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

hey dudes! i like that song...it's pretty cool.