Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thoughts

God has been laying something on my heart a lot lightly, and it's out of my comfort zone. God has been calling me into different areas of leadership. And your thinking, what's wrong with that?

All my life, I have been a follower, I don't want to be the way to set a trend, and I don't want to be the person telling someone they are wrong, or whatever. Second off, I don't want to be a leader, I have been living all my life as a follower, and yeah not saying I don't have some clones around, but I mean it's not like I have actually talked about it. My faith is so important to me, but no one would have any idea, because I don't talk about my feelings much.

But, God has been giving me ideas, and telling me, "Kate, it's time you got out of your comfort zone and started helping those around you, instead of just sitting and watching." Here's the thing, for a whole 13 years of my life, I have watched, sat in the bleachers, and God is finally calling out of that.

Magnificent Holy Father
I stand in awe of all I see
Of all the things You have created
But still You choose to think of me
Who am I that You should suffer

Your very life to set me free
The only thing that I can give You
Is the life You gave to me
This is my offering, dear Lord

This is my offering to You, God
And I will give You my life
For it’s all I have to give
Because You gave Your life for me

And sometimes, I know for a fact that when I sit in the bleachers, I am not using the life that God gave me in the right way. I could do so much more with it, but I don't. I want to be an offering to you, God, an offering with my life.

No comments: