Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving you say? Doesn't excite me. Sitting around home, looking at everything around me, doesn't make me feel proud, doesn't make me want anything better. You ask, shouldn't you be thankful on thanksgiving? Shouldn't you be thankful for those around you? Yeah, sure I'm thankful for my Dad and my brother, but sometimes they can just be a pain. And sometimes, I get overwhelmed.

But maybe, today it is time to just step back and look around me. I am surrounded by a huge group of friends, all around me, catching me when I fall, catching my tears on their shoulders when I cry, supporting me through thick and thin, being people I can count on. Yeah, maybe sometimes they all aren't there, and maybe sometimes I wish there was other people in my life, but ya know, all in all, I have to look back and see all the blessings that I do have.

Yeah, life stinks so much sometimes, and yeah, there are so many times I want to run away from my life, and so many times, I just wish that the rest of the pain of everything goes away, it doesn't seem to listen. But, sometimes I just have to remember that God will put me through hard stuff, but that's when I need to just fall down, and say God, I know I can't do this on my own, sometimes God brings me to points where all I can is look up at God, and say I was made to be dependent, and I need you.

And yeah, I'm sick of hearing God's got a plan for my life, but I know it's true, and I can't help but smile to know that. I may hate life, but maybe it's just time to look and see that God really does have a plan, and knew what he was doing when he put each and everything thing in my life.

"You give and take away, you give and take away, and my heart will CHOSE TO SAY Lord, blessed be your name."

Yeah, it does hurt sometimes around the holidays, when people spend all the time and talk about all the blast they had/have with their family, and yeah it does hurt sometimes to watch you all smile, when pain surrounds me, but the Lord gives, and the Lord takes away, and it all ends up in His plan.

"You give and take away, and my heart will CHOSE to say, Lord blessed be your name."

No comments: