Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy 2007!

HAPPY 2007 EVERYONE!

For me, 2006 was a year of hardships and a year of lessons. This year I lost a lot, some of those close to me know that, most can't tell. But during all my hard times I learned some really awesome lessons. Here's one.

For the first time this year I understood the meaning of Jeremiah 29:11. The verse says:

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'"

This has played a big part in my life during 2006. I heard this verse from my dad when I was little, and it is posted on our fridge, but I never really did understand what it meant. It has come into play in my life for the last few months especially when it was hard. As some of you know, I don't have a mom... she died when I was a year and a half. It hasn't been that hard on me, well until this year. It isn't always easy to be the only girl in your family. Just ask me.... It has helped me in the past years, cause I have a good friend who was like a mom to me, who lived really close to me, but in October she moved, and that was really hard on me. In those hard times, that is when I realized something awesome. This past summer my dad told me that I was no longer going to go to the school that I had gone to since preschool, and he was going to put me in public school. I thought about that, and I didn't want it to happen. I didn't know how I could leave all my awesome friends and have to move schools. But during that hard time, again that verse came to me.

Jeremiah 29:11~ "'For I KNOW the PLANS I have for YOU,' declares the Lord, 'Plans to PROSPER YOU and NOT to HARM YOU, plans to give YOU a HOPE and a FUTURE.'"

My hardships all happen for a reason, and I am learning to except that. I don't understand why they all happen, and sometimes I question God for why they do, but all I know is that God's plan is better then my own. Life is hard for me a lot of the time, even though a lot of people don't see it, I could say that I'm pretty good at that whole mask deal. I don't like talking to people about how I really feel, and I just kinda cover it up. I put on what you could call "tough me mask" the one that makes me look strong and tough, even though I know that I'm not. But, everyone has there hard times, and mine are probably different then yours, but no matter what they are, big or small, they are all under God's control. Nothing is TOO BIG for God to handle. He makes everything happen, and he make everything happen for a reason. Even when it seems like God messed up on you, or messed up on what happened, yeah right! God never messes up, and he does everything for a reason. EVERYTHING!
Those of you who have struggles in your life probably understand this better then the people who have pretty good lives. But, I know what it is like to feel like you have no one on your side, and like you are all alone. I know what pain feels like, trust me, I know that... really well. I know what it's like to feel like no one understands you, I know what struggles are like. I know how hard they are, and I know how some of you may feel. I've been there, I've felt it, I know what pain is like, and I know its not easy. And I know for sure that it isn't easy to trust what I said is true, and sometimes it takes a lot of faith, but once you let God take total control of your life, he will use you to do awesome things, things that you never understand why he has you do, but it will all work out well in the end.
Once you let God take full and complete control in your life, He will show you amazing reasons for everything that he has done, all you have to do is trust, and let God use you life in every way that He wants to. So... you will to give God a chance? Let him have full and complete control? Are you ready to go on a ride of your life with God in control? If so... do it, and let God have your life and use it in the way he wants to use it. Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime, with God in control?

12 comments:

The Unknown said...

Grate post agen

Jesusfreak said...

thanks again...

chocogirl39 said...

gwow, k. that was pretty cool. you really touched me...

Jesusfreak said...

That is truly how God has been working in me... ask me if you want to know more...

chocogirl39 said...

yeah, i wrote, gwow, stupid me

Jesusfreak said...

you meant wow right?

chocogirl39 said...

i meant that. yeah

chocogirl39 said...

i meant that. yeah

Jesusfreak said...

ok thats what i thought...

Anonymous said...

Some time ago you dropped in on my blog posting of the lyrics to Mark Harris' song "Find Your Wings". I was in Africa all summer leading a Teen Missions team. Jeremiah 29:11 was the verse that seemed to run like a thread through our entire time together. It's so full of hope and promise. I have so enjoyed reading your blog. (I got really behind returning visits to people who have visited my blog!) Thanks for all of your inspirational writings! I can tell you're a pretty awesome "kid"!

Jesusfreak said...

thanks for checking out my blog! And thanks for commenting...

Jesusfreak said...

Yeah Jeremiah 29:11 has really helped me alot in life, and it is really cool that you could do that!