Thursday, December 21, 2006

"Stained Glass Masquerade" Casting Crowns

Is there anyone that fails
Is there anyone that falls
Am I the only one in church today feelin' so small

Cause when I take a look around
Everybody seems so strong
I know they'll soon discover
That I don't belong

So I tuck it all away, like everything's okay
If I make them all believe it, maybe I'll believe it too
So with a painted grin, I play the part again
So everyone will see me the way that I see them

Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples
With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain
But if the invitation's open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade

Is there anyone who's been there
Are there any hands to raise
Am I the only one who's traded
In the altar for a stage

The performance is convincing
And we know every line by heart
Only when no one is watching
Can we really fall apart

But would it set me free
If I dared to let you see
The truth behind the person
That you imagine me to be

Would your arms be open
Or would you walk away
Would the love of Jesus
Be enough to make you stay

This is a song that I really like, it has a cool meaning to me. Because I see it in our world today. Everyone around us looks strong, and like nothing is ever wrong with them. A lot of times we all look like we are living the good life, and that everything going on in out lives is perfect. And you may look around one day, and you may see how everyone is having a really good day, and it seems like they always have good days, and they are always perfect in their perfect lives. They get perfect this and perfect that and perfect everything. I know that my life isn't perfect, but I never expected it to be. But I bet that some people would say that I look like I have a pretty perfect life too. What it all comes down to is that we all have these masks that hide who we really are. We say that we are strong but really we are weak. We try and make people think that everything is okay when it really isn't. Or maybe we wear the mask to fit in, or for whatever the reason is, we all have them.

I like the end of the song how it goes...

But would it set me free if
I dare to let you see
The truth behind the person
You imagined me to be
Would your arms be open
Or would you walk away
Would the love of Jesus be
Enough to make you stay

Because sometimes we get so caught up in who we pretend to be, and that is who everyone thinks that we really are, but we never show them who we really are, and if we did... what would they think of us? Would they walk away, and be like.... you aren't really the person who I thought you were, and all this time... lets just say... I thought you were strong, but you are really that weak? Would they still want to be friends with you and hang out, or would they walk away?

Would YOU be ready if one of your friends showed you the real them without their mask and pretending like everything was perfect, would you listen as they told you the real story, or would you just walk away? Just something to think about...

14 comments:

The Unknown said...

i would mpost likely lisen. But i knew what you mean it seems like everthing is perfect so why show them who inperfect you are. Grate messega agen

Jesusfreak said...

And like... to some people, it would be hard, cause we have played with out masks for so long that the person behind it is not who the other person exspected it to be. And, thanks again!

The Unknown said...

yeah couse it's like noone hase ever seen the real me and dont knew if thel even like me

Jesusfreak said...

I am just like... what would you think of me if you saw who I really was? Would you still want to be friends or would you just walk away cause you dont want to be friends with somoene as small and weak as me?

The Unknown said...

I knew what you mean and its like how mean of you will just laghf at me if i show you who i am

Jesusfreak said...

Cause we can get really good at faking who we are, and if we show them how small we really are would they still want to be friends with us, cause we aren't as big and powerful as we look?

The Unknown said...

Yeah nd it is like some difuclet to even take the mask of couse your so use to it

Jesusfreak said...

Like even we get to used to them that we dont want to take them off, and sometimes that end of for us not being able to see who we really are behind them. And like you dont want to take it off because of the reaction of the person who you show the real you...

The Unknown said...

Exatley wow you can jsut take words wright out of my mouth

Jesusfreak said...

well ya know... we can just read each others mind... it is just another vibe we have... lol

The Unknown said...

i knew one look and i totely understand what you are sayin lol

Jesusfreak said...

I know... and that is just plain weird... lol

The Unknown said...

yueah it is it''s like wow werd lol

Jesusfreak said...

yeah totally weird.. :) lol