Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Sharing the Gospel... and Your Testimony

Have you ever shared the gospel with a friend? Or brought a friend to salvation? How did you go about doing it? When I was younger I led my friend to Christ, and I did it the easy way. She was young, and so was I. I was about 7 and she was 6. So, I didn't really get the whole salvation thing either, but I led her to Christ, and I thought it was wonderful!

But, as you get older, and you try to share salvation with someone now days, that is in their teen age or older, isn't easy, like it was when you were just a kid. Sometimes it take the courage to share some more person things with the person like your testimony. As I said yesterday, I would be willing to share my testimony with people, and I love to hear other peoples testimonies, cause it is cool to see how God works in them, and sometimes you see that it is allot of the same way that God works in your life.

Yesterday I was asked by a friend who wanted to hear my testimony, and I said that I would love to, but really what was going on my head... was I thought you would never ask, what do I say? I ended up typing it all out, and sending it to them. And, I learned by experience that it isn't easy to tell someone else your story, at least for me, it wasn't. I have a testimony that isn't the way that allot of people would think it would go. And, as I sat there and I typed it, I didn't know what to say. And, I know now that it isn't easy to share it with other people. Some of you may have an easy testimony, that is easy to share with other people, but mine shows allot of my weaknesses, and how I really do feel allot of times, but I know that other people don't see it. It is a lot easier to hear other peoples then for me to share mine, but if you want to hear it, I am willing to share it with you too, all you have to do it ask.

So, I understand that what I am saying isn't easy... I have done both. I have shared salvation with someone, and it was easy, but that was to a little girl who was only 6. But, I also have another person that I am trying to bring salvation to, and he is 34, and it isn't as easy to tell him. So I know that it is hard. I also have given my testimony to someone, and I know that isn't always easy either, but it normally goes out for the benefit. I don't know if you have ever heard someones where something cool has popped out to you in it, but I know that I have. But our world right now is a world full of people who still need to hear the gospel, and we don't know how much time we have left. So I encourage you, if you feel God's nudge to do something, do it. God has plans better then out own.

8 comments:

The Unknown said...

I knew what you mean when some one asked me iwas like uh what do i say what am i sopost to sa. I've never done this befor ahhhh. I understnad what you saying and I have some one i need to tell avbout Christ and it's hard. cep tring

Jesusfreak said...

same with me.... i was just like... what to say?!?!? It isn't easy, but we will have God on our side helping us along the way. And it isn't easy... but I will let God do what he wants to do. And if you decide to try... good luck, and remember tho they may turn it away for a little bit, don't give it up.

chocogirl39 said...

you know, most people who tell others their testimonies like have amazing ones about how maybe they were dying and God healed them...or maybe they were on drugs or something? well, I've always felt that my testimony was way too plain, so I never really thought about it... I mean, I've always had the normal life, not much goes on around here... And when it does, it doesn't involve me... so, I guess that I'd better think about that!
antoher thing (sorry for boring you) is that this summer in VBS, I was the "trailblazer" or assistant in a group, and I got to pray with I think, 4 of 7 kids in 1st and 2nd grade who gave their lives to Christ, and later got to see them baptized... it was really an amazing experience... It was the first time that I had gotten to pray with someone, so that was really cool.

Jesusfreak said...

It doesn't have to be exciting! It is just how you came to God, and you don't have to share it unless you want to... ya know ya know?

The Unknown said...

Yeah im not exiteing but showes what God has done in my life and whats happend and other things. God meant for you life to be like that so it dont matter if it ant exiting it's Gods plane

Jesusfreak said...

I agree with dj... you dont have to have this exciting testimony all it is is just talking about how God is working in your life and all that. And you haveing a good life and not haveing anything majorly bad or anything is an awesome thing but thankful for that. God does everything for a plan and a reason.

chocogirl39 said...

i mean, I know that it doesn't have to be exciting, I used to just feel like mine didn't have anything to it...

Jesusfreak said...

It has when you became a Christian and how God has changed you life... I mean maybe your story is still on the first chapter.... if ya know what I mean...