Monday, January 08, 2007

Who Am I? ~Casting Crowns

I was thinking about what to write about on my blog, and I was just sitting here and thinking about what I should write, and so I thought for a while about what I should write, a friend gave me an idea, but I didn't really know how to describe it. So I thought about what I should talk about and a few ideas came into my head, but I didn't know what to say about them. I had music playing in the background and this song really just popped out to me.

Who am I?
That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt.
Who am I?

That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wandering heart.

Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.

I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.
I am yours.

Who am I?
That the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
And watch me rise again.

Who am I?
That the voice that calmed the sea,
Would call out through the rain,
And calm the storm in me.
I am yours.

Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear?
'Cause I am yours.
I am yours.

I like the verses a lot, cause they really stand out to me. Read the verses one more time and just think about it. I am going to pick two verses that to me have an awesome meaning and maybe they will stand out to you.

Who am I? That the Lord of ALL the earth would care to know my name?
When I was singing along with the song and it came to that verse... okay well maybe it came to me a few minuets but whatever. And like when I was thinking about it and thinking about the chorus. And like when you really think of it.... God is the LORD OF ALL THE EARTH, and he created everything in it, and compared to the huge world we are just about as big as a speck of dust, but the Lord still knows us and cares about us and has a plan for our lives. We are so so small but God still cares about us. And like we are just as small as a little ant crawling around on the ground and you see so many of those and you are like there is enough of them around the world it won't hurt to kill one, but then when you think of yourself, you are just as small as an ant to God, probably even smaller, but he still cares about you, and wants to be your friend. And he knows you name! He cared to know your name, even though you were so small.
The other verse that I really like is...

Who am I? That the eyes that see my sin would look on me with love and watch me rise again.

And there isn't much to say about that verse, but I thought it was really cool. Because just for a few minuets, think with me for a second. Think about all the millions of things that you have done wrong. All the times you have sworn, been a jerk to a friend, punched or yelled at your brother or sister, said something mean to anyone... all those things and way more, how many times have you done that? Like a million! If you are human that is. If you told a friend everything you have ever done wrong do you think they would still love you the same? And think of you the same way? Well, God does. He has seen all your faults and mistakes and he still loves you just the same. He loves you just the same no matter how many things you do wrong. Someone one said to me "NOTHING you could ever do would make God love you less!" Nothing! You hear that nothing?! Nothing that you could ever do could make God love you less! He will always love you the same, no matter how much you do wrong.

And then the chorus... read it again...

It just talks about how small we are, and compares us to a flower that comes and goes, a wave in the ocean.... just think about that, how many waves are in the ocean? WAY MORE then you could ever count, a vapor in the wind.... wow see how small now? We are that small but God still loves us! He cares about each little person on this earth, and he cares about everyone of you so much! And God has a plan for everyone of you! He knows what he is doing in your life and he is excited to show you the awesome things he is doing in your life. But we just have to be patient and wait for the time when God will show us everything he wants to show us, but on his own time.

We are all so small, but God loves us all and he cares about everyone of you just the same. No one is better then someone else, maybe just cause your friend read the Bible everyday or goes to Church every week doesn't make God love them more and you less! He loves everyone and he has a plan for everyone... no matter how hard to believe it's one thing I know is true! And God is just a plain awesome person... he loves us even after he sees all our sin... wow that's amazing!

God loves and cares for YOU don't you EVER forget that!

4 comments:

The Unknown said...

Gratemeseg we are so small but i mean God love us all. IT is so asum

Jesusfreak said...

Just to think that someone as small as us he would love, even after he has seen everything we have done... that just pretty cool

The Unknown said...

Yeah ti is realy realy cool

Jesusfreak said...

yeah are God is just pretty awesome!