Saturday, January 13, 2007

How AWESOME is OUR GOD?

Last night I hung out with a few friends at a friends house, and we hung out and did what girls do at sleepovers, but something was different about this one.... something amazing happened.

We had just watched a movie and everyone but me and 3 other people had fallen asleep, so the 4 of us just stayed up and talked till like 4:00 in the morning. We were all about to go to sleep and we had just said goodnight and someone got up and went to the bathroom. I didn't think much of it, cause you know... were humans and yeah... but when they came back they were crying, and trying to get the attention of the host of the party. She was asleep and she is a really deep sleeper. She was totally out. But one of my friends knew who it was and asked if she was okay, she said no. So the girl (Sue) asked Bob (the girl who was crying) if she wanted her to wake up the host and she said... yes please! So... she woke her up, but she was a really deep sleeper and she didn't get up. By this time, the other 3 of us were talking to Bob and making sure that she was okay. She said that her stomach really hurt, she was dizzy, she could barely and she was shaking. The pain got like 10 times worse and she started to cry harder, so we tried to settle her down and worked really hard to wake up Josie (the host) and get Josie to go and wake up her mom. Finally we got her up but she didn't get up right away. Bob was still in a ton of pain! So.. finally after explaining the story to Josie like 3 or 4 times she actually got up, and went to get her mom from upstairs, since her mom was a nurse and she would know what to do better then what we would know, since we were only teen girls. Josie and Sue went upstairs to get Josie's mom, and me, and 2 other girls we still down stairs with Bob. Then Sam (one of the girls downstairs) came up with a really good idea, she was like.... hey Bob, do you want me to pray for you? And Bob was like YES! So, then Sam prayed for Bob, and right after Sam said amen... Bob said, it's gone! And we were like seriously? And she was like yes! It is totally gone! And then it was just like this moment of like wow! 2 of the girls started to cry and oh it was awesome! We were all so close to crying! (and for me... crying doesnt happen that offten... but I was pretty close... it was just plain awesome) It was just awesome! She said she felt like there was a knife being stabbed into her stomach and then when Sam said amen... it was just taken out and gone. God sent like a miracle, the power of prayer. We all just sat there in silence and just thought about how awesome that was, and we knew it had to come from God. It was just gone and she was fine. Later it came back and we just prayed for her again, and we just asked God to take the pain from her and we could tell even though it wasn't totally better, it was so much better then it was the first time.

Later that night, or this morning... I guess you could call it. I was just thinking about how cool that was, and it just shows how powerful God really is. Cause like he takes care of us, his children and he watches over us all the time. And like when we pray, he answers. For me, it just showed me how powerful God is, and that he does everything for a reason. Like he had the four of us stay up that late, cause if we weren't up, she would have been having a really hard time, and she would have been all alone. And I just connected it to my life... how God has a plan for my life, just like he had a plan for us staying up and talking that late, and praying for Bob and all that. Even the small things God has a plan for, and even the littlest things in our lives God cares about and takes care of. And just the power of prayer, and how God really does listen to it, and he takes care of it, all we have to do is ask, and God will chose how he wants to answer.

So, whatever is going on in your life that is hard, go ahead and talk to God about it, and he will do what he wants to do in the situation, and you may say... well doesn't he know everything? So, why do I have to tell him? But like, God likes to hear it from us, his children, just like your parents like to hear about your day at school, so does your father in Heaven.

So, I challenge you... do the next for minuets... just talk to God and let him know what is going on in your life, and he will just sit and listen, like a good friend would. Or find a quiet spot where you can just sit and talk to God. But make sure not to just talk to him like Santa Clause, but make sure that you give God some time to talk too! Once you have talked to God and told him everything that you wanted to tell him, just give God 5 mins to talk back to you, for all the time he let you talk. That's my challenge for you today. And maybe you will get something amazing like what God did for us!

13 comments:

The Unknown said...

THat is totely wiked and so amsing and a realy grate story about praying

Jesusfreak said...

yeah... it was an amazing little thing! God is just that awesome!!!

chocogirl39 said...

still getting shivers!!! it was totally amazing to see how God can work right away. I have never actually been part of something like that. I mean, you always hear about things like that, but I've never actually had it happen to me. It was so amazing!

The Unknown said...

yeah he is so asum

Jesusfreak said...

I know! Like when I wrote the post... I was like shaking! It was just so awesome! I know... and for me... I think I know why God did it.... and it is just so awesome!! Yeah, and it was the same for me! Wow! It was just awesome! Thanks GOD!!! Is all I got to say!

Jesusfreak said...

yeah he is!

chocogirl39 said...

still get shivers! just thinking about it! He really showed me that he will answer prayer, and that he does hear us, and he does perform miracles, but not everyday!

Jesusfreak said...

Like for me... it was kinda what I was waiting for... it just shows that God is really powerful and he can do amazing thing... on his time!

Anonymous said...

That was totally amazing!

Jesusfreak said...

thanks...

Anonymous said...

I mean it was just so cool to just have it be gone so suddenly!! Nice work, God!

Jesusfreak said...

Yeah that was wicked awesome! lol! It was totally God!

The Unknown said...

Hay ant that my word ah who cares go ahead and use it