Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Yesterday

I was reading my Bible yesterday (wow shocker I know, I can read!:) ) I was reading a passage in Psalms, and David was praising God, and writing a Psalm of thanksgiving to the Lord. It got me to thinking, I am so greedy. I take everything for granted that God has given me. I don't think twice about the little thing in life, or being thankful for them.

Like each morning when I get up, that I can see, hear, walk, that I can move. The I can live and breathe, and that when I get up out of that nice bed, do I even think twice about being able to live in a warm house, and not having to sleep on concrete, but I get a nice bed. When I walk out into the nice day outside, do I even think about how I am so lucky to be able to get into a car, and drive to a nice school with great teachers, and friends. I never even take the time to say, "thanks God." I just take it all for granted. My family, my friends, the "little" things like being able to walk and breathe and move.

I look at my life, and all I see is the bad things that have gone on, the hard days, the bad things in life, the things that go wrong, and I go and blame God for them. I get mad at God for the little things that go wrong, and the good I just forget. The good things in life, the simple good things, I just forget about. The bad is all I think about, the good is just whatever. But when you think about it, God has blessed us with so much. And when I look at my life, I see so many great things. When I just take the time to look around, I have so much compared to so many people.

I'm just talking, writing, whatever... nothing important. But whatever.

3 comments:

The Unknown said...

I tihnk we all need to do that some times jsut stepp bakcand look

Jesusfreak said...

i agree

Anonymous said...

Wow! Totally me too! I never really thank him for all the little things in life!