Monday, May 28, 2007

Forever

I can't promise you forever
Cause I know that a promise I can't keep
I can't say I'll always be your friend
Cause I can't promise that either
I can't say we'll never break our friendship
Or that we'll always be together
Cause, that too is a promise I can't keep
I can't promise that we won't lose touch
Cause maybe we will
I don't know whats coming up for me in life
I don't see my future
I don't know the places I'll go
The things I'll go through
I don't know what will happen tomorrow,
Or even the things I'll say today
But, God does...
I don't know the plans that God has laid before me
I don't know what he wants to do with my life
Or what he will put me through
I don't know if I will know you forever
Or if one day our friendship will end
I can't make a promise that we'll always be friend
Cause I'm not sure if I can keep that promise
But the promise I'll give you is this..
I'll be the friend that I can be to you
Until the time when God tells me my times up here
I'll be the best friend that I can to you
Until we part
I don't know what's going to happen in my future
But, I know God does
And I trust that his plans are better then my own
I won't make a promise to you that I know I can't keep
Forever is one of those
But I will promise you,
That I'll be the best friend that I can
For the time I am lucky enough to be with you
I know I won't be a perfect friend
I know I'll mess up
I won't promise you I'll be a perfect friend
Cause that is one thing I know I can't keep
I'll try my best, give my best effort
But there will be a time I will have to part
I don't know what it is but there will be a time
But if you want a friend that will never leave you,
Don't chose me, or any person
Chose God
He'll never leave you
He'll always be by your side
And he can promise you the things I can't
He'll always be there...
Forever
I won't be, I won't say I will, cause I know I won't
But God will never leave you, he'll be with you forever
He can promise you forever
He's the best friend you could ever ask for
Lean on him
He's sturdy and won't fall
I can't promise forever,
But God can

5 comments:

The Unknown said...

thats wiked asum

Jesusfreak said...

why thank you.

Anonymous said...

that was LOVERLY! all of your posts are LOVERLY!

Anonymous said...

thank you

Anonymous said...

You're welcome!
1 1/2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!