Friday, February 23, 2007

Amazing Love/ On My Cross

Amazing Love

I’m forgiven because You were forsaken,
I’m accepted, You were condemned.
I am alive and well, Your spirit is within me,
Because You died and rose again.
Amazing love,
How can it be?
That You, my King would die for me?
Amazing love,I know it’s true.
It’s my joy to honor You,
In all I do, I honor You.
I’m forgiven because
You were forsaken,
I’m accepted, You were condemned.
I am alive and well, Your spirit is within me,
Because You died and rose again.
You are my King
Jesus You are my King

So, you have probably heard that song before, but go beyond the words that you know oh so well, think about it and what it really means. What the story is behind the words, and what they are really taking about and what they mean.

God never had to love you, he chose to. Jesus didn’t have to die on the cross for you, he chose to. God didn’t make him die, he chose to. Because… he loves you! And it’s amazing love! Without God, do you see how messed up we are?

We mess up all the time, and we do things we wish we never did, because we aren’t perfect. Jesus was on this earth, and he was 100% man, but also 100% God. In Matthew 27, it talks about when Judas betrayed Jesus, and he didn’t tell him, and Jesus said that if he wanted to, he could ask God to send him angels to come and save him, but he chose to die that painful death on the cross, for YOU!

We are all sinners, and we all mess up all the time. No one is perfect. And we all need God. But, it’s it just amazing to think about? That God died on the cross all for you? There is a song that I really like by FFH, and it goes like this…

Those were my nails
That was my crown'
That pierced Your hands and Your brow
Those were my thorns
Those were my scorns
Those were my tears that fell down
And just as You said it would be
You did it all for me
After You counted the cost
You took my shame, my blame
On my cross

Jesus took your sins, when he died on the cross for you, and he didn’t have to, HE WANTED to, and because he loves you. He never had to die on that cross for you, but he wanted to, he wanted to one day meet you, and he gave you a passage way to Heaven. He is amazing, and his love really is amazing!

God doesn’t need anything, and he didn’t have to ever create people. He knew they would sin, but he chose to save us, and let us one day meet him. He is so awesome anyone agree? He gave you that way to heaven, because he loves you…

“I don’t need you, I want you!”

He didn’t have to die for you… he didn’t have to take your sins and your shame, he chose to… He doesn’t have to love you, he chooses to, he never had to die that painful death for you, he chose to… because he loves you!

8 comments:

The Unknown said...

I agree wth you he is amasing. And for a blamles man to be putt otdeath for my sins and love me that much i got to say thats amasing

Jesusfreak said...

totally agreed! :) Pretty amazing...

The Unknown said...

not prittey amasingly amsing if that is even corect

Jesusfreak said...

more then amazing... more like more than any word could ever discribe... :)

The Unknown said...

yeah yeah yeah totely

Jesusfreak said...

he's so awesome...

The Unknown said...

yeah wiked asum even better then wiked asum

Jesusfreak said...

i totally agree! :)