Tuesday, October 31, 2006

"Mirror" (BarlowGirl)

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, Have I got it?
'Cause Mirror you've always told me who I am
I'm finding it's not easy to be perfect
So sorry you won't define me
Sorry you don't own me

Who are you to tell me
That I'm less than what I should be?
Who are you? Who are you?
I don't need to listen To the list of things I should do
I won't try, I won't try

Mirror I am seeing a new reflection
I'm looking into the eyes of He who made me
And to Him I have beauty beyond compare
I know He defines me

You don't define me,
You don't define me

This song I think is cool, because it is talking about how the world sees you... Like a mirror, and you are supposed to be just like it on the wall. You are supposed to be perfect, and look just like everyone else.

And, looking into a mirror, is how the world sees you. They see the outside of you, but that is not what matters. So, in the seconded verse, they are talking about the way God looks... The inside, and that a person is now seeing how God is looking at them.

For, all he cares, you could be the biggest dork on the planet, and God wouldn't care. All God cares about is what is on the inside of you, he doesn't care what the world thinks of you, because no matter what, no matter what you look like on the outside, that won't matter to God. All he cares about is about your heart. Are you right with him? Have you accepted Him? Because, the one thing that God cares about the most, is knowing that you have the passage way to heaven. That you will not have to go down deep into the first pits of Hell, but you will be able to live with peace, and live in the wonderful place called Heaven, with him, forever and ever.

So, try to follow God's ways, and look at the inside of a person, the way they act, not the way they dress, and all the outside stuff, but look at what really goes on in their life, and everything like that. And other people will start to see a difference in you, and may want to follow you. You don't want to be looking in to the mirror of perfecting, but the ways of God.

6 comments:

The Unknown said...

that is so asum i mean who cars what the world thinks when GOd is lookingf at your hart

Anonymous said...

I absoluely love that song! cool idea, jesufreak!

Jesusfreak said...

I agree! I mean, what do we have to worry about when God is the only one that matters, and he doesn't care about the outside!

I love it too! It has played a big place in my life!

The Unknown said...

thank toy it is a good song nd something all of us shoyld take it to hart

Jesusfreak said...

God has been showing me alot of things lightly, and that is one, so I wanted to share that with other!

The Unknown said...

welll it is a grate thing to shere